This week has been a pretty easy week. Addison had her longest stretch of sleep to date. Tuesday, after her play date, she decided not to sleep at all the rest of the day. By 8pm, she was out cold and didn’t wake up until 3am to eat. It was great! However, since I was used to waking up every few hours, I started to worry something not might be right. On top of that, there are other discomforts I have to deal with by waiting for her to eat for that long. Enough said about that.
We are trying to slowly ease her up into the crib during nap time. When I feel like she is starting to get sleepy I will put her in the crib and start the music and lights from the mobile. Sometimes she will remain awake and watch the mobile the whole time, other times I get about 20 minutes out of it. When the music stops she usually decides she does not like being there any longer and will let me know to come and get her.
Another first for Addison this week is the introduction of the pacifier. I have three different styles and we went through all three to find out which one she would
Addison has really started to enjoy bath time now too. I think initially she was too cold since she was sitting in the tub and not completely immersed in the water. Now I hold her so she is sitting up and her whole lower body is submerged and I swirl her around the tub. She holds her position and stares at me the whole time like she is in a trance. We have to be quick with the hand off from tub to towel to keep her calm. Considering how much she hated it before, I feel like it is a huge success!
I can't not laugh when I look at her...
ReplyDeleteThis is so much fun to read. I am really enjoying the details and the pictures. Thank you very much for telling this story which is going to make a book if you want it to. Addison will really love having this documentary later. You are a good wtiter and no pressure but I really love getting the updates. When is the next one? Just kidding! Gramma Hop
ReplyDeleteI just realized that the second picture is a video. That's even more fun for us to see. I love hearing the little baby sounds.
ReplyDelete