We have reached a new milestone today! Addison rolled over! Ever since our doctor's appointment I have been much more diligent about making sure she was getting belly time. She has hated it almost every time. I tried distracting her with toys and laying on my back and placing her on my shins looking down at me, but she did not have much patience for either. Two days ago, I took her outside and put her down on the Boppy and threw the frisbee for Friar. She loves to watch Friar play catch and that was enough of a distraction to forget she was on her belly! I have also been rolling her over almost the whole way and showing her how to roll back. She had been successful at doing the 3/4 roll for almost the past week, but when placed flat on her belly she just could not make the connection.
Today we headed out to our blanket under the tree for some more belly time. After Addison watched Friar from the Boppy for awhile, I removed the pillow and laid her flat on the blanket. She continued watching Friar for some time and then began to rest her head on her hand. I laid down facing her and watched for awhile wondering how long I had before the screaming started. After about two minutes her head started to turn, the arm shot up in the air and she pushed off! I couldn't believe it! Luke was in the garage so I called him out and she rolled over a second time for him. Of course, I had to go on the hunt for the camera to get this occasion digitally recorded in history! I was lucky enough to get one more roll out of her before she decided she had enough and switched back to the old response of screaming and flailing her arms and legs. Here is the video!
Our other big success, though not as big as rolling over, is that Addison has slept about 12 hours straight four nights in the past week! She has been going to bed anywhere between 5:30 and 6:30pm and not waking up until anywhere between 5 and 7am. Yesterday, after a 5am feeding she slept until 8:15! I have been trying to feed her more often during the day to make up for the long stretch at night, since I have read that babies her age need to eat anywhere between 6-8 times.
I spoke with Addison's doctor a few days ago regarding her head size. He said there was a possibility it was hydrocephalus (fluid in the brain that doesn't drain properly) and we might want to look into an ultrasound since she still had the sutures in her head so a CAT scan wasn't necessary yet. Because of Luke's large head, and from what my dad had been telling me about my brother having such a big head when he was little I decided to wait on it. I am going to measure her head once a week and see if there is any more growth and if so, then take the necessary steps. As of three days ago, no growth! Hopefully this big head of hers means she will be a creative entreprenuer like her daddy and uncle!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment