Sunday, August 9, 2009

Today was Luke's birthday! Addison was so excited about it she decided to wake up extra early to wish her daddy a happy birthday and spend some quality time with him reading books and playing. This afternoon we all went to the river together and waded in the water. I tried to dip her feet in, but she was having none of it so Luke took over and played in the water with Addison on his shoulders. She was much more patient with her daddy playing in the water too! Addison liked watching all the people at the river and especially enjoyed watching the dogs swimming.

Addison hit a huge milestone today. Grandma Pagano called us this morning while we were playing and having some belly time. She wanted to Skype with us, so we brought the laptop onthe floor where we were playing and as we talked, Addison sat completely on her own! She was a little wobbly and occaionally swayed to one side or the other, or threw her body backwards. We had to be a quick a few times to make sure she didn't flop too hard. Luke and I are so proud of her! I can't believe how quickly she is developing! Play time is about to get a lot more fun now that she can sit up and play.


Sitting up all by herself!

We have been having a pretty rough time with Addison’s afternoon nap recently. Her morning nap is typically an hour and a half and she goes down so easily. The afternoon nap consists of fifty minutes of screaming. I go in and try to calm her, but that only excites her. I leave her by herself in the hopes that she will tire out, but she hasn’t yet. Our sleep help book suggests we let her cry it out for an hour. I tried yesterday, but only made it about 45 minutes. It was heart wrenching to listen to her. Uncle Nunzio gave us a tiny wireless camera that we attached to her crib yesterday. The receiver connects to our TV so I can watch her on the television. It is just like a video monitor, but about a fraction of the cost! Of course, it only works if her room is well lit, which is fine since she is such a great night time sleeper. I have been watching her during nap time trying to figure out what might be the problem, but no luck yet. Today we reversed the nap issue, horrible morning nap and great afternoon nap. I am going to keep switching up things until I get dialed in. It is so sad when she is exhausted and grumpy!


My view of nap time. Today was a success!

A week and a half ago we gave Addison her first taste of real food. I know, I know, I should have waited, but I couldn’t! Her first meal was zucchini from our garden pureed and mixed with mommy’s milk. She made the funniest face like she was completely grossed out! We tried the zucchini for about four days, then switched to peas for about three days. She was not eating much of it (which they don’t at that age anyway) and didn’t really seem that interested so we decided to hold off until she acts like she is really ready for it.


Addison, taking her very first bit of big girl food.


Addison preferred to spit out her food.

No comments:

Post a Comment