How Big is Addison??
SO BIG!!!!
I have said for a long time that Addison will probably never crawl since she absolutely HATED being on her belly. Well, about a week and a half ago, she decided to prove me wrong. Our little late bloomer is finally rolling around the floor and bed to get things she wants. She "crawls" by rolling from side to side and pushing forward with each back and forth. She is getting closer to bringing up her knees now, but still seems to be a ways off from crawling. What was the secret to getting her to move? Her Robeez! She loves both pairs (just bought a third today!) and will choose her Robeez shoe over any toy placed in front of her.
We have been eating a lot more big girl food now too. She really loves her vegetables, just like her mommy! She loves broccoli, cauliflower, kale, butternut squash, asparagus and sweet potatoes. She is getting more interested in fruit. I can get her to eat grapes, kiwi, pears, and if I hide it in oatmeal she will eat banana. Addison is a Cheerio nut! She loves them and whether she is hungry or not, will eat them, picking up each one and then sticking her whole hand in her mouth trying to get the Cheerio. I have offered her other foods that are bite size, but she is not interested in feeding herself those foods, only the Cheerios.
The weather is getting colder now, but we have had a few nice days and have taken advantage of them by going for walks, feeding the ducks at the duck pond, and going to the park to watch all the big kids play. She has so much fun watching them that I can't wait for her to be able to walk around and play with them on her own and not watch from afar.
Addison had her first sleepover this past month too. Her friend Ellen (and Ellen's mama) both stayed over at our house while both of their daddy's were out of town for the weekend. Ellen is such a sweet little girl and is very friendly with Addison. She loves to give Addison kisses. Addison is not that advanced yet, so she would just try to grab Ellen and hold on to her while squealing very loudly. It was so cute to see the excitement on Addison's face when she woke up in the morning and watched Ellen walk in to say hello!
"I am a big girl!"
That rolling is so cute. I love at the end how she is reeeeeaching so hard for the shoe!!! she wants it so badly! very funny!!
ReplyDeletejoi