Saturday, July 11, 2009

Beach Baby

We have been at the beach for a week now and Addison is having a great time! She has loved spending time with all her relatives and has really enjoyed her one on one time with Great Aunt Clarke. She also was finally able to meet her cousin Hannah, who has another addition to the family baking away... another January baby!

I got sick last Saturday, had a fever and the works. Fortunately, there were a number of helpful hands that were able to entertain Addison while I tried to stay as far away as possible. So far so good and Addison has shown no sign of getting sick, other than the fake cough that she has now decided is a fun sound to make. She will cough repeatedly until someone reacts and then she will smile/laugh and do it again. She will also cough in response to someone else coughing. She is already taking after me as I used to pretend to be sick to get out of school on a daily basis. I'm so proud. :-)

Yesterday, we took Addison "swimming" in the ocean. I had already dipped her toes in the water a few times through the week, but we got her in waist deep yesterday. She was very excited and doing a lot of kicking. Kicking her legs is her favorite way to show her enthusiasm! She also likes to kick people. If she starts to get upset, her Grandma Pagano will lay her down and let her kick at her and that usually does the trick.

Another activity that Addison has enjoyed this week is watching Aunt Clarke's dogs Jack and Zoie run and play around the house. She is such a dog lover! She will laugh every time she sees dogs play. She loves to watch and explore everything. She has a great time going for walks on the beach and watching the ocean waves and people walking by.

Addison had a weigh in this past week. According to Aunt Clarke's scale she is now a whopping 15.5 pounds! She has been eating so well and continuing to sleep so well. Luke and I are so lucky to get such long nights of sleep and it is even more rewarding waking up to such a smiley happy baby!





No comments:

Post a Comment