Monday, July 27, 2009

Six Months Old!

Addison turned six months this week. It is amazing she has already been in our lives half a year(out of utero)! It is flying by so quickly!

In the past month Addison has finally decided she will roll over every time she is on her belly. She still doesn't like to be on her belly for very long but she has discovered she likes to play on her side. She will roll back to side, but always stops short of rolling all the way. She is also getting even closer to sitting up on her own. I will put her on my lap and brace her legs and she will keep her body upright. We have had a lot more "Boppy" time on the bed. She is fascinated by the crinkly dragonfly on the pillow so she stays upright for quite some time playing with the wings. As I played with her on the floor earlier this evening, she actually held herself up for about 30 seconds before falling over onto my leg!

I have also been putting her in her high chair and letting her play with toys on the tray. We have yet to introduce any solids, but I want to get her used to hanging out in her chair and testing her ability to sit up for longer periods of time. As for when the solids will be introduced... still holding out for now. She is now starting to show more interest and will often watch us when we are eating, but has not acted fussy about it. I have been doing all kinds of research as to signs that show when she is ready and she meets a lot of the criteria. I am really excited to take the next step with her, but because of all the pros of exclusively breastfeeding that I have told Luke about in the past, he keeps bringing me back to earth and talks me into holding off a little longer. We will see if I can make it to seven months!

Luke, Addison and I met up with Ty, Joi and True this weekend for an evening at their friends house at Clater Lake and then again for some fun at the county fair! We had a great time watching the boats at the lake, but even more fun watching the monkeys at the fair! Addison absolutely loved watching the monkeys and stared, mouth wide open, watching the monkeys jump around their cage. The petting zoo had all kinds of neat animals, a llama, yak, some goats, turtles and even a camel. We also walked past a number of penned sheep. Addison watched the sheep with interest until one of them walked up to her and baa'd. Her lower lip started sticking out and she slowly started to cry. It didn't take long to calm her and get her interested in the rams though!

Addison has been such an incredible sleeper these past couple of months! Every now and then, usually after a day of traveling, she is a little fussy when put down to sleep/nap. These past few days she has really become difficult. Nap times are usually ok, except for this morning, but when we put her down to bed at night she will scream bloody murder! Two nights ago it went on for about 45 minutes! Luke went in with her for awhile, then I took my turn walking her around the room and I watched her eyelids droop so I placed her back in her bed and the screaming ensued. At that point I realized I was going to have to let her cry it out and I sat on the top step, outside of her room, with my stomach in knots listening to her cry herself to sleep. I think we are coming to the point where she would rather play with mommy and daddy then sleep. Friar has been so attentive toward her when she is upset too. Anytime she is crying her runs upstairs and lays outside of her room until she is asleep, then he comes back down and lets me know everything is ok now. What a good dog!

Addison had her six month checkup this week. Everything is normal. Her head has grown a little more, but it is slowly making its way back onto the charts and because she is completely normal developmentally, we are all very confident that she just takes after her daddy. She is now weighing in at 15lbs 10oz and I think she was about 26 inches long.



Addison loves her bunny blanket and pulls it completely over her face to fall asleep. She had already pulled it away from her eyes by the time I snapped this shot.


Addison and Daddy like to go to the duck pond on campus and feed the ducks. She loves daddy time!

A duck says "QUACK"

No comments:

Post a Comment